Wednesday 18 May 2011

Ohara in Winter

Ohara is without doubt one of the places which (while still not exactly in Kyoto) I like very much here and I have visited already half a dozen times already. Half an hour with a bus from Demachiyanagi, taking the road along Takano river, going north in the mountains, and passing the skirts of Mount Hiei (the famous and important Buddhist mountain) after some winding turns on a mountain road, one arrives at the rural town of Ohara.

Just when I thought that the winter is gone and there is no more chance of any snow, on March 2nd and 3rd, in the northern parts of Kyoto it snowed, and while the snow didn't last and melted the same day it was still substantial enough to enjoy for a few hours...

Most of the time I was completely alone in the temples and had a chance to look at the gardens in solitude and take many photos of course...
I felt pure joy as the winter scenery (which I have become to know very well, as I have visited the temples of Ohara quite many times), is very charming and as there were practically no other visitors, I had this otherwise popular place just to myself... I practically had a big grin on my face the whole day I spend there. Taking photos, enjoying the solitude, the snow and the quiet contemplation of the scenery...



Ohara in Winter
Link to the photo album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/d.salamandrina/OharaInWinter?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvVmqX3zIWFdA&feat=directlink





P.S. I have become a bit sloppy at the selection and arrangement of the last photo albums...No time and no motivation being the cause of my lack of diligence...

No comments:

Post a Comment